Only because it was the best vacation ever! And it's nice to share. Here are the last of our vacation pictures, taken with the new camera. They haven't been edited yet since I haven't even looked at the program; I'll get around to it someday. Again, we had such a nice time. So much nicer to just slap some sunblock on the (screaming) kids than to bundle them up in snow gear several times a day. The 80-degree weather makes it so much nicer to be outside than the 20 below zero does (I know, that's obvious).
While we were gone, Anchorage's weather changed from 25 below to 45 above! Which meant that all the snow melted and flooded the streets and people houses and there were 100mph winds that cut the power lines. School was cancelled for 3 days, and we could see bits of grass again in our yard. Then the temps got back to "normal*" (*normal for Anchorage, not any real kind of normal) at a warm 15 degrees, compared to today's 5 below. Oh, the joys of winter. THANK GOODNESS our house didn't flood; many of our neighbors weren't so lucky. I was reading someone's blog, and school was cancelled for 2 days in her town because they got a sprinkling of snow- not even an inch. We just got another 2 feet, and of course school was still on! We now have the possibility of a volcano erupting and potentially dumping ash all over the city, and the schools sent home a notice that school might be cancelled, but most likely not. I'll keep you posted on if it happens.
I was just typing as I waited for all my pictures to finish uploading, and now it's done, so we're moving on to Hawaii! (How I wish that sentence didn't have the word "on" in it!)
While we were gone, Anchorage's weather changed from 25 below to 45 above! Which meant that all the snow melted and flooded the streets and people houses and there were 100mph winds that cut the power lines. School was cancelled for 3 days, and we could see bits of grass again in our yard. Then the temps got back to "normal*" (*normal for Anchorage, not any real kind of normal) at a warm 15 degrees, compared to today's 5 below. Oh, the joys of winter. THANK GOODNESS our house didn't flood; many of our neighbors weren't so lucky. I was reading someone's blog, and school was cancelled for 2 days in her town because they got a sprinkling of snow- not even an inch. We just got another 2 feet, and of course school was still on! We now have the possibility of a volcano erupting and potentially dumping ash all over the city, and the schools sent home a notice that school might be cancelled, but most likely not. I'll keep you posted on if it happens.
I was just typing as I waited for all my pictures to finish uploading, and now it's done, so we're moving on to Hawaii! (How I wish that sentence didn't have the word "on" in it!)
Sadie got a kite for Christmas from Santa (man, that guy knows what babies really want!) and here's Jack flying it on the beach at our condo. He got it up there on his own
A boy's favorite thing: throwing rocks into water. Max could do this all day. Jack could do this all day. Greg does do this all day
Leia just enjoying the beach
Sadie's new hairstyle; her hair was so curly from the humidity! One day while we were there, I realized her hair is long enough to pull up. This day, it was in 2 little pigtails. Oh, and she discovered her tongue in Hawaii. So she showed it to us. Often.
It usually rained at night (when it rained) but a storm came in toward the end of our trip and dumped rain one morning. Jack, Leia and Max decided to play "Kung Fu Panda" out in the rain.
All Maui schools were cancelled this day because of the storm. It rained not even an hour, and we were at the pools in the sunshine that afternoon. Later, they said the storm was not as big as they had anticipated. Go back and read what I had said earlier about our schools being cancelled...

2 comments:
Hi Cara. It's Jenny (Mandy's sister). It looks like you guys had a wonderful time in Hawaii. I'm so jealous!! I love checking in on your blog to see how you guys are doing. You have a beautiful family!
Okay, that last picture was SOOOOO cute! I can't believe he fell asleep standing up. What a doll!! Your kids are so cute. I know I keep saying that, but IT'S TRUE!!! How blessed you are.
Post a Comment