It's the moment we've all been waiting for.....
...nearly 12 months in the making...
...the elusive BATHROOM REMODEL!!!!!
...the elusive BATHROOM REMODEL!!!!!
exclusive before/after pictures **for British eyes only**
(so maybe I've watch a little too much Arrested Development. And also, everyone else is napping right now but me. I may be the one who needed a nap the most)
The bathroom BEFORE. Actually, this is before we even moved in, which is probably why it's so ridiculously clean. Nice 70s blue toilet and tub. We discovered the tub leaked into the downstairs bathroom after we moved in. Nice. This area was separated by a door and wall from the sink area
The sink area. The cabinet was plastic. Now, it's 1 sink and a toilet. This was to the right of entering the bathroom. Greg peeled the wallpaper off shortly after we moved in. It was only on 2 walls and came off easy, we think because of all the steam in a bathroom
Looking into the bathroom from the upstairs hallway. This is right before Greg started demoing it. So to the left was the wall and door that took you to the tub and toilet. It's really not a huge space
And the ugly lights. Now, I am all about 70s retro decor, I actually love retro mod things. BUT this was just bad. Not even worth saving. We did pass on the mirrors to my sister; she's going to paint them. This would be looking in from the tub side. The left mirror shows the reflection of the door to the tub, and the mirror on the right shows the door to the hallway.
AND THE AFTER!!!!!!!!!
Looking into the bathroom from the 3rd floor hallway. Note the awesome recessed lights...But don't note the missing heater cover, window trim, and floor trim. The widow trim will be finished after we replace the window, which will be in the future. Probably way in the future. We're replacing all the windows in our house, and the trim, and we've done over half of them...Also ignore the missing side to the jacuzzi tub. That's where the motor is, and Greg is making it so he can have access to it...Details baby! Everything is usable!
Looking into the bathroom from the 3rd floor hallway. Note the awesome recessed lights...But don't note the missing heater cover, window trim, and floor trim. The widow trim will be finished after we replace the window, which will be in the future. Probably way in the future. We're replacing all the windows in our house, and the trim, and we've done over half of them...Also ignore the missing side to the jacuzzi tub. That's where the motor is, and Greg is making it so he can have access to it...Details baby! Everything is usable!
This is to the right of where you enter. It used to be where the double sinks were. Goodbye tacky 70s ball lights! Greg enjoyed ripping you out!
The shower. This is to the left of the door when you enter. The tub/shower combo used to run along the back wall, and the toilet would have been right outside this, against the wall to the left. There was a wall and a door that separated this part from the sinks. Do you see the floor tile? It's pebble rock, and it's feels SO NICE to stand on! Kind of massages your feet. We do need to order doors, but we're now taking showers up here and the splash is minimal, so it might be a bit before we get them. I think it's going to be pricey for them
Ahhh, the jacuzzi tub. It's really nice. We're been using it since Sadie was born- remember, she and I actually used it for the first time when she was an hour old?
Greg did all the work, except we did hire a plumber to move the toilet, but Greg helped him. Greg demoed everything, and then replaced it all. For a few weeks, there wasn't even a floor or ceiling, just joists. He did all the tile work, electrical, lighting, cabinet installation, faucet installations...and I planned the layout and ordered/picked out supplies and materials. Doesn't need to be said, but it's soooo much nicer now.
You probably don't really care about this, but this is the bathroom we'd been using the past year. That's the shower we've all used (I even labored in it! Home birth, remember??)...and I HATE IT!!! I don't ever want to use that thing again! The door pushes in (what a stupid design) to a really small space. The tiles are all cracked and broken, and the door bottom is sharp and cut us, and there is NO LIGHT in it AT ALL.
We're planning to move the sink against another wall (the laundry is also in this room) and put a tub/shower combo along where the shower and sink are now. And basically gut it too. We do already have some of the materials for it, but I'm thinking Greg might want a bit of a break from bathroom work
Oh, and everyone loves an open toilet picture
You probably don't really care about this, but this is the bathroom we'd been using the past year. That's the shower we've all used (I even labored in it! Home birth, remember??)...and I HATE IT!!! I don't ever want to use that thing again! The door pushes in (what a stupid design) to a really small space. The tiles are all cracked and broken, and the door bottom is sharp and cut us, and there is NO LIGHT in it AT ALL.
We're planning to move the sink against another wall (the laundry is also in this room) and put a tub/shower combo along where the shower and sink are now. And basically gut it too. We do already have some of the materials for it, but I'm thinking Greg might want a bit of a break from bathroom work

1 comment:
Your bathroom is beautiful! You all did an amazing job. We are in the middle of a remodel as well and I am so looking forward to the completed project.
Post a Comment