9.06.2008

LeiLei's First Day of School

Leia started preschool this past week! Because she's a July birthday, she's only a year behind Jack in school. Sad for me; it means having her home 1 less year. She seems excited about going. The first day was only an hour and I stayed with her, but next week she'll be there for the full 2.5 hours by herself. Parents help out about once/month. She's going to the same preschool Jack went to, which we LOVED, and she even has the same teacher. She was pretty happy about that.Here is the most gorgeous, spectacular, wonderful, beautiful (something we say to each other) girl in front of the school. She picked out her outfit, right down to the pink high tops
Painting a rainbow- her class is called the Rainbows. There are 33 kids in this group, and they do a lot of activities together, but they split up into 3 groups for circle times. That's when she's with the same teacher Jack had
The kids playing house
Max and Leia got to play at the park after preschool

Jack is liking Kindergarten so far! He mostly likes the things they get to do- music class (got to play drums); gym class (played basketball); library (not sure what he's done there, but he likes it). There's been road construction on the road to school this past week so I've been walking him with the other kids to and from school. I try to bring his bike for him to ride home, and he likes that. Leia rides hers to get him, and Max...gets to ride in the stroller or walks on his own, which makes the walk take at least double what it should. Normally I wouldn't mind, except I'm always running late.

Leia had her second dance class today, and Daddy AND Nana got to watch her! She had fun again today. I think she liked that she had such an audience.

No comments: