8.30.2008

Giant pin cushions

Or gumdrop pillows, from Amy Butler's pattern. Another project finished! I'd bought the fabric for these things months ago, and had it cut months ago, but didn't get to sewing them until these past few days. I made 4 for the kids' playroom; 2 large and 2 small. They'll be fun for the kids to jump on and throw at each other. If you're loving the fabric, it's mostly Alexander Henry (one of my favorite fabric designers). The blue is the only one that's not. The pillow ottoman I made for mine and Greg's room. LOVE this fabric, it's from one of Amy Butler's older home dec collections. Very hard to find now (eBay!). The quilt on my super comfy chair is also made from one of her fabric lines...I've made 2 from her fabric lines, my mom made one (from fabric I gave her), and I covered a lamp shade from her fabric...also looking at making a window valance from some of her fabric. It's way cool!

You can also see the new carpet we put in the bedrooms. It's so much nicer; the old carpet can be seen in the above playroom picture. We're planning on installing hardwood floors throughout the rest of the house. Greg painted our room about 2 months ago and I finally got to hang things up on the walls. Our room is so relaxing now.
Enough of the projects. This is what most of you want to see anyway- the kids! Max took a bath in the kitchen sink last night and thought that was pretty cool. Jack and Leia got to have a sleepover with Tessie so it was a quiet night. He slept in until 10:30! am! I didn't get to; Tess dropped Jack and Leia off just before she had to work at 9. Poor Greg had to get up at 5 am for work.
Leia made herself a little hideout in the batting box I used to stuff the ottoman pillows. Those pillows take A TON of batting- that 10 lb. box filled 1 large pillow.
An abstract picture of Jack taken by Leia. Kind of cool looking, actually.
Today is Nana's ?? birthday! It's actually sunny out, so she's going to the park with me and the kids. If the Saturday market is still going on, we might go to that, too.

If you're really curious, Nana is 53 today. Jack told me, and he's right.

No comments: