
Hello now! We ordered a new front door about a month ago, and it came in yesterday so Greg installed it after work. SO MUCH NICER! This is the best "before" picture I could find, and it is the best because standing in front of it are the 3 most wonderful kids! They don't normally dress like this...okay, maybe they do :). This was last October, and they were 80s cartoon characters. Jack was a ninja turtle, Leia was Rainbow Brite, and Max was a smurf. I like themes. But you also get a great idea of what the original door looked like.

We've updated to this door. Kind of hard to tell, but that's rain glass. It looks a little high above the stair because it is. This is Alaska and things sink. Maybe next year we'll get to add the front porch and it won't look as awkward (it still looked awkward with the old door). I'm going to paint it a cranberry color or stain it really dark, but we like it because it adds so much light to our entry way/hallway. The main goal is to get more light in this dark house. We've updated quite a few things in our 70s house, but we still have some orange globe lights, gold linoleum, ugly stone rock fireplace, and nice decorative posts in the dining/living room. Greg actually gutted the upstairs bathroom (it had a blue tub/sinks/plastic cabinets) and we're trying to get it remodeled before this baby comes. So now the 5 of us are down to 1 bathroom that's still original and has a cave like shower. I'll get pictures up of it sometime, before we gut that one. Our house is slowly becoming "ours."
2 comments:
Yeah! I love being able to check in on the blog to see how much the kids are growing! We love you all! Ted, Mandy, and crew
Great site! :-) Good to see you in blog world. Your kids are so cute. Just so you know, the website for Boden is www.bodenusa.com. If you just do boden.com it's an engineering site. :-) ha ha!! Keep blogging! I'll be following.
Post a Comment