8.13.2008

Happy Birthday Greg! Swim Like a Fish

That's not really our birthday wish to him :). Just a mini description of our day yesterday. Greg turned 33!!! and he actually celebrated by working working working in the bathroom, like he's done for the past 6 days. Now he's back to work (he works 8 10-hour days in a row, then usually gets 6 days off) so progress will be a bit slower, but I've lined up a sitter (Nana) for when I'm working.

In the bathroom remodel news- the bathroom has a floor! Greg had completely gutted it, and we told people that, but everyone was still surprised to see it when we had a huge BBQ birthday party for Leia/Max/Greg last week. There was no floor or ceiling or walls for a bit. Now, there are new lights/plywood floor/and the plumbing got done this weekend. Yay! I'll get before/after pics up once it's done.

We ended the day by going out to eat at Benihanas. The kids picked it out. When I asked them where we should go (I was not up for cooking), first Jack said McDonalds. Um, NO. Then he said Daddy likes New Sagaya (Japanese/gourmet specialty grocery store that also sells dinner, but it's a place to grab food then you find a place to sit). I didn't feel like that, so it was vetoed. I suggested Lucky Wishbone, a hamburger/fried chicken place that's been around since the 50s, and Leia was excited about that because she wanted ice cream there (so not my child! haha), and Greg likes it there, too, but then Jack thought we should go to the place where they "flip the food"- Benihana. Greg loves that kind of food, so he was pretty happy to go and take a break from the remodel. Greg used his birthday money to treat us (thanks Cal & Ann, you were part of the celebration this way!) My sister met us there after work. Greg also had a Sunday night dinner at my parents' house with crab, and we had that big BBQ last week...he's made out well. He did buy himself a coffee maker for his birthday (there's an idea; let's all buy ourselves our own birthday presents), the kids and I got him the Indiana Jones dvds, and then he got the wii as a spur of the moment gift for the family. Jack has played it at friends' houses and has a blast, and I think it's a great thing to have for the LONG DARK COLD winters up here.

Swim Like a Fish...is where the kids and I went yesterday morning. Jack and Leia had their first swim lessons there! It's more expensive because the class sizes are small- Jack and Leia were the only ones today, but I'm doing it for 4 lessons then we're going to do lessons at the college when they start up this fall. It's pretty cool here- they have 2 above ground saltwater pools they keep at 92 degrees. They had a blast; they love the water anyway, we had just never done lessons until now. The picture above is Leia, and the one below is Jack.

I didn't sign Max up, but he insisted on wearing his swimsuit...then he wanted a shower when the older 2 had to rinse off...lucky for him, there was a little play area where I could still watch Jack and Leia.
Awww, and here's me with my big belly. Let's see some of YOU post a picture of your 9 month preggo bare belly :). Every night the kids all have to tell the baby good night and kiss and hug him/her. Sometimes many times in a row. Anything to procrastinate going to bed. News with me...not too much right now. I had a visit with my midwife yesterday and this baby is LOW (last week I was measuring 37 weeks, which I was, and now I'm measuring 35 weeks); I get lots of contractions but always have; I'm starting to swell, darn it!- I didn't with my last 2 pregnancies, but so far it's not blood pressure related like I had with Jack...but I'm not counting on this baby to come before the due date!

No comments: