8.27.2008

First day of Kindergarten!

Jack had his first day of Kindergarten yesterday! He was way excited about it (me, not so much), and when I picked him up, he said he liked it. His favorite part was gym class, and he didn't like art as much because all they did yesterday was color a picture. And he said that during nap/rest time, he couldn't rest because his teacher kept taking pictures. But he was ready to go back again today.
Jack outside his classroom
Jack and Leia checking out Jack's desk
The PTA had a coffee time for Kindergarten parents after drop off, so here's Leia in the library
Max sad after leaving Jack. No, not really. Max is just mad he didn't get to climb in his carseat by himself and close his door. He had a few chances so don't feel bad for him. He does this. He's 2, and very good at it.


My day was SO BUSY yesterday. After dropping Jack off at school, Greg and I voted (with Max and Leia; Leia thought we were going boating); then Greg went back home, and Leia, Max and I took Leia to the Dr. for her 4 year old physical (usually I am so behind on those things, but she needed it for preschool). In case you're wondering, she's in the 30th percentile for weight, and the 20th for height. She's always been petite. She only needed 1 shot, and Jack had saved a piece of candy for Leia for after the shot. He's such a sweetie. She did fine for it. After the appointment, she had a free trial dance class. I'd been looking at classes for a while for her, and this one combined tap/ballet/gymnastics. She had a blast so I signed her up, but we'll be doing the class on Saturdays because I work every other Tuesday. This class is fun but informal, but I figure we can go with something more focused later on if she wants. Then, we went home for a bit before I had to pick Jack up. After I got Jack, I was BEAT so I rested on the couch while my kids played with playmobil. Later that evening, I had to go to preschool orientation for Leia; she's going to the same program Jack went to last year, which we loved. She even has the same teacher who is awesome! Finally got home after 8, put the kids to bed, cleaned up a bit, and watched a movie with Greg before going to sleep. BUSY for me. Today all we have to do is take Jack to school (done) and pick him up. Leia, Max and I will be hanging out, cleaning, whatever. Maybe see my sister; she's not working today.

Right now, Leia and Max are drawing on each other with a pen. Nice. Better go stop them!

No comments: