SURPRISE!
Today is my 30th birthday. Happy Birthday to me! Greg and a good friend of mine had a surprise party for me last night, which they started planning in July. I was way surprised; I thought we were going to our Life Group's (Bible study) Christmas party.
Lots of people were there-- my parents, our Life Group friends, our neighborhood friends, friends I've known since birth...and all our kids.
I even got gifts! My friend Tanya had asked everyone to bring a themed gift- 30 was the theme. I got: 30 packs of tissues; 30 suckers; 30 mint dreams (super delish candy); 30 lindt chocolates and lemon curd; 30 holiday cookie cutters (from Tanya; she couldn't believe it when she saw the set); 30 fat quarters (from my friend/neighbor/boss; gotta be a quilter to know what those are); 30 candies from my siblings who don't know they gave it to me, nice mom :); 30 flavors of jelly bellies; 30 notecards with "c" and "h" on them; 30 thank you cards (for my 30 gifts); SPF 30 sunblock; and 30 cans of Campbells soup from my friends the Campbell family! If you'd like to send me 30 gifts, go for it!
They had my favorite cake- angel food- complete with trick candles. It was really, really sweet. The party, not the cake, although with cool whip and strawberries, it was sweet too.
To celebrate me :), I'm sharing 30 pictures of my life. Kidding!
Today is my 30th birthday. Happy Birthday to me! Greg and a good friend of mine had a surprise party for me last night, which they started planning in July. I was way surprised; I thought we were going to our Life Group's (Bible study) Christmas party.
Lots of people were there-- my parents, our Life Group friends, our neighborhood friends, friends I've known since birth...and all our kids.
I even got gifts! My friend Tanya had asked everyone to bring a themed gift- 30 was the theme. I got: 30 packs of tissues; 30 suckers; 30 mint dreams (super delish candy); 30 lindt chocolates and lemon curd; 30 holiday cookie cutters (from Tanya; she couldn't believe it when she saw the set); 30 fat quarters (from my friend/neighbor/boss; gotta be a quilter to know what those are); 30 candies from my siblings who don't know they gave it to me, nice mom :); 30 flavors of jelly bellies; 30 notecards with "c" and "h" on them; 30 thank you cards (for my 30 gifts); SPF 30 sunblock; and 30 cans of Campbells soup from my friends the Campbell family! If you'd like to send me 30 gifts, go for it!
They had my favorite cake- angel food- complete with trick candles. It was really, really sweet. The party, not the cake, although with cool whip and strawberries, it was sweet too.
To celebrate me :), I'm sharing 30 pictures of my life. Kidding!
Aww, sweet little newborn baby Cara. I think this looks like Sadie when she was first born. Except for the hair
Jeana, me, and Corrie at Pike Place. Digging the flannel. Grunge was in. I've known Corrie and Jeana since birth; our parents are best friends. We've done many vacations together, and they were at the party last night. I think I was 14 here.
I love my dog. Here I'm 16 with our old dog Allie.
Hawaii after high school graduation! 7 of us went; I'm on the far right. My bff Terra is right next to me
Our wedding day. I have lots of wedding photos somewhere, but this is the best I could find. Yummy cake
Greg and I on a cruise to Mexico two years later. He won it at work, way to go!
With baby Jack. I look like his 12 year old sister here. In reality, I was 24. We're at Typhoon Lagoon at Disney.



2 comments:
Ahhh!! I loved all the pictures. So sweet! And what a great idea for a surprise party. What fun! :-)It would definitely be a surprise if Jon threw one for me, b/c I've never seen him organize an event. But one never knows! ha ha. Your kids are so darn cute!!!!
Well, Happy belated birthday! the big 3-0! :) I love your pictures. and the blog. I'm a follower now. :) Kim and Family
Post a Comment