3.29.2009

update

So it's been a little while again since I've posted, but here I've got 3 posts in 1 day. So spread out your reading. It's called cluster posting, and it's the latest in the blog world.

Making brownies for Bible study with Sadie in the beco carrier. Mmmm, brownies. Minutes later, she fell asleep. Greg and the 2 older kids were snowblowing the driveway, and Max was napping. Mmmm, napping
Jack won this dinosaur dig at a church auction. Don't you love how we "win" at auctions?

Okay, this was THE CUTEST thing. Max, Leia and I were moving furniture around the playroom (fun times, moving couches and bookcases with a 4 and 2 year old. They're not as strong as you might think), and Sadie was hanging out in the Johnny Jump-up. She loves that thing. She was quiet for a little bit, so I looked over at her, and she had fallen asleep! Awww.
Don't worry, I did take her out and she slept on the futon for a while.

Leia's preschool is having an auction, so I made this quilt for it. It's Amy Butler fabrics, from her Daisy Chain line, if you love them and are itching to make a quilt or something for yourself. I had enough fabric to make 2 quilts like this, so I'll be making one for myself, one day. Except mine will have a different border.
I love blues and greens. So soothing to me; reminds me of the ocean.

Did you hear the volcano has erupted something like 19 times? We just got ash in the city last night, and not too much. But the snow is all yucky looking right now. And the airport is closed, which rarely happens. We had a crazy day yesterday- left our house at 8 am (unheard of for me, unless I'm flying) and got home at 8:30 pm. The 2 older kids were in a fashion show- pictures coming-, Leia had dance class, I worked (brought Jack and Leia with me), had a few errands, THEN

we were all set to go pick up Max at Nana's house (he got to spend the day there) when our car died. Ash can be damaging to cars...and when Greg dumped the filter over, a lot of ash came out...but the car sounded like the battery had died. So Greg walked to the dreaded Wal-Mart in the cold and with the ash falling, got a heavy battery and walked back to our car. (We were at the ice cream shop on Dimond for those of you who have been here). About an hour round trip, while I stayed in the car with 3 cranky kids. Places were closing early because of the ash. I'm not sure who had a rougher time...But thankfully, it was the battery! Weird, because the car was on and then suddenly stopped, but whatever. My mom had driven down to help, but got to us just as Greg got back with the battery. Greg thinks there might be something up with the alternator, if this battery doesn't hold up. We shall see!

No comments: