Happy birthday to our wonderful 6 year old Jack!!! He had been WAITING and WAITING for this day. The birthday boy (as we had to call him) got 3 celebrations. The first was on his birthday, the 26th. We had church, then a swimming party to go to for his 2 friends (twins), then our small group Bible study. So we let him open presents from us and Grandma and Grandpa between church and swimming, and Nana, Papa, and Tessie stopped by to watch. I did make cupcakes so we could eat and sing "Happy Birthday" to him at our Bible study later on that night.

Jack's presents included legoes, a lego watch, money money money- regular and then some Russian money (I told you he likes to collect different kinds), webkinz, a football, playmobil, the fur hat he's wearing in the above pic...Lucky guy.
The next afternoon, we had his friends' party. Since it's so close to Halloween, I like to have the kids dress up to get another use out of the costumes. We played games, wii, and just played; ate pizza and more cupcakes (I forgot to mention I also made mini cupcakes for his class a school...3 batches of cupcakes in 4 days), and Italian sodas. It was a fun party, but I had had parent/teacher conferences at his school right before so my friend/boss/neighbor (yup, all 3) watched my older 2 kids while I went to them. I took Sadie, and Max was sleeping so her oldest daughter came over to be here while he slept. She's on the verge of baby-sitting...nice. Anyway, they have 2 dogs, and Jack is randomly allergic to dogs. He breaks out in hives if he comes in contact with their saliva (took a while to figure that one out. My parents have had dogs and once in a while we would notice the hives on Jack when we were there. We figured out it was the saliva when we were at my aunt's house in Seattle). One of their dogs licked Jack's face yesterday so Jack came home with an eye swollen and hives on his face. Benadryl helps but also makes him a little loopy, so he was a little out of it at the party.
The kids crashed at before 8 last night--bedtime is usually about 9. My sister is leaving for CA again for 6 weeks (special effects makeup school), so we went to a movie last night. HSM3! Figure it out. We went to the 8:30 showing, and we were the only ones there at first, then a little girl and her grandma came in. They sat in the row behind us in a big theatre, and the girl kept shushing us when we laughed! She was 6! She told me. Then she would glare at us. Then she was standing right behind us and leaned in between us and talked. Weird girl. Her grandma just kept watching the movie. I finally got her to go back to her seat. Hey, it gave us something else to laugh about at a very cheesy movie. So, I've seen them all and I just don't get what the big deal is about them?? Tess doesn't either, and I'm embarassed to say, I was actually lost in some parts of it. Transitions just didn't make sense...whatever
It's another half day at school so I don't have to interrupt nap time to get Jack! He's already home, and I'm about to put everyone down for naps. Including me.
PS- excuse any typos, I have a crappy keyboard that skips letters

1 comment:
haha Cara just won't own up her to crush on Zac Efron. :)
Post a Comment