
Maxietackie with an afro

Sadie baby doing one of her favorite things. Max sleeps like this, too

Jack building his (leaf)snowman. That snow has since melted; Thursday night we had a huge windstorm that melted all the snow. It was crazy--there were wind gusts over 120 mph. We lost power for bits during the day, but some people are still without power (going on 3 days later). It's COLD again, so it's not like losing power in the summer or in a warmer state, where it's just annoying. My parents lost power for about a day so they spent a night at our house for the heat, but friends of ours were still without power last night...I was hoping school would be cancelled, but no, not in Alaska! Any other place would have cancelled it--when I lived in Seattle, school would be cancelled for 2 days for 1-2 inches of snow. Apparently 14 schools were running on generators, but that still didn't stop schools from running. Anyway, when I picked Leia up from school, the sky was pitch black in the west; bright blue in the east; sun in the south; and a rainbow in the north. I wish I had my camera then; I had never seen anything like it.

Leia LOVES holding Sadie, and doesn't even mind if Sadie is crying.

pea in a pod :) Sadie sleeps for hours in the sling. I wear it more when I'm out with all the kids; that way my hands are free to hold their hands rather than Sadie's carseat. I wore it at home the other day, then I was able to slip it off and lay her down on my bed.
My kids are so awesome :)
1 comment:
The kids are growing so much -- I can't believe it! I love checking in on the family blog to stay in touch! Love you all,
Mandy
Post a Comment